Note: The iOS version of the app is still under review and is not available yet.
Electroneum has launched an app with which users can mine ETN. The app also provides a user-friendly interface to easily perform a number of tasks on the Electroneum blockchain.
In this post, I’ll guide you through the process of installing the app and show you how to enter into a weekly competition to win 5,000 ETN coins.
Right now, users can use the app to:
- Mine Electroneum in the background
- View their app wallet balance
- Send ETN coins to another ETN wallet
- Import ETN coins from an offline paper wallet to the app wallet
- See a live feed of the current ETN price
- Easily calculate the value of a certain number of ETN in Bitcoin or USD
- See a list of exchanges that list ETN
- Invite friends via a referral system
So how does one install the app?
Download the Electroneum App
Start by downloading the Electroneum app from the Google Play Store here.
NB: Make sure you follow the link given above. When searching for Electroneum on the Google Play Store you will find various apps with the same name, including a previous official version of the app that has been discontinued.
Register an Account
Before you can use the app, you first need to create an account on Electroneum’s website. The process might seem tedious but is there for the safety of your coins.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit my.electroneum.com and click on Create an Account.
- Sign up using a unique username and password (you can also signup using your Facebook account). Note that you’ll need to click a lot of “I’m not a robot” buttons in this process. This is to keep out the bad guys and protect your coins.
- You will then need to verify your email address by clicking on a link in an email sent to the address you’ve entered.
- Provide a mobile phone number to which you have access right now. Electroneum will send a confirmation code to this mobile numbers (a precaution to prevent spammers from creating multiple accounts).
- When the SMS message arrives, key in the confirmation code.
- Provide an email address that will be used to reset your PIN code in case you forget it (this email address has to be different to the one you used initially).
- Now key in a new 5-digit PIN code, and confirm it a second time. The app will later ask you for this PIN code when launching the app or before processing any transaction.
- Finally, an email will be sent to your email (the one you signed up with) confirming the PIN recovery email you’ve entered. Click on the link in the email to proceed.
You can now log in to the Electroneum app using the email address, password, and PIN number you provided above.
Once logged in, you’ll probably need to verify your device by clicking on a link sent to your email address (this is a once-off procedure to authenticate your IP address, and prevents someone else from accessing your account using a different IP).
Phew, that’s a lot of emails and confirmations!
But rest assured, it’s all for your own safety…
Get Bonus ETN by Referring Your Friends
The Electroneum has a viral referral system that incentives users to introduce their friends to the app.
The referral system works on a commission-based system. For every user you refer, you get 5.00% bonus ETN based on what they are mining. In addition, your referrals will get a 1.00% bonus on top of what they mine when entering your referral code.
So for every 10 ETN mined by one of your referrals, you will receive 0.5 ETN and they will receive 0.1 ETN as a bonus. This system benefits both the referred person and the referer, and has been designed to spur on mass adoption.
ALSO READ: How Electroneum’s Referral System Works
To refer your friends, go to the More tab at the bottom of the app and click on Earn Free Coins. Then click Show My Referral Code/QR. Once your friends have signed up, have them scan the QR code that is displayed on your phone. See this article for a complete tutorial on how to do this.
How to Get Your Own 1% Bonus
As I’ve mentioned, each referred person will also get a 1.00% bonus on top of what they mine.
Since I’ve now referred you to the Electroneum app, please feel free to use my referral code 39C64D or scan the QR code below to enable your own 1.00% bonus. This is purely optional and you are under no obligation to use my code.
Have any more questions about installing the app? Please let me know in the comments.